Who Are We?

Friday, July 12, 2013

Working.... and beer.

As an independent contractor I have a pretty mobile office. Living and working in the Central PA area affords some great opportunities to mix mobile office-ing with beer drinking. Today as an example, with my meetings of the morning and afternoon finished a tad early, and still needing to get some correspondence done, I checked into the incredible Al's of Hampden aka "Pizza Boy Brewing."

Al's of Hampden / Pizza Boy Brewing

MMMmmmmm beer!
A great microbrewery combined with some of the great pizza and pub food around.  I'm enjoying a late lunch of cheese-steak stuffed pizza and a basket of fries.  The restaurant is still known as Al's of Hampden here in Enola, PA, but the attached microbrewery goes under the excellent name of "Pizza Boy Brewing." He has a total of 99 taps with several of them nitro. A large LED sign lists each brew by its brewery, name, style, ABV and of course, prices. Please note, this is all craft brewed beer of the finest qualities. About 10-12 are brewed right here on location and I haven't tried one yet that disappointed. (and I know beer disappointment)

My first beer of choice is departing from my usual tastes of BIG tasting beers, but I thought I'd try one of Al's own "Freefall" a Grisette beer.  Very light, but very flavorful with a refreshing mouth-feel and a nice "pear" finish. It was very refreshing on a hot Summer day, and actually paired well with the heavier tasting pizza. A nice change of pace!

...now what will my second beer be?   A quad, imperial stout, or an over-the-top IPA?

No comments:

Post a Comment